What I’m about to share is pretty simple. You might even be surprised when you find out how easy it is! This new approach has cut out more stress than I could even have imagined.
All my meetings are 45 minutes long or less.
Yep, that’s right.
All my coaching calls, partnership meetings etc. If it can’t be done within 45 minutes, one, or both of us, were unprepared. Or, we need a follow-up meeting.
You see, I find my attention span is pretty short. I have intense bursts of inspiration and passion, and then lose my steam at about the one hour mark. Instead of getting crabby and distracted, I leverage this and bring my enthusiasm for three quarters of an hour and set a hard-stop.
The remaining 15 minutes after the meeting, I can get the notes out and start on follow-ups. Or do a simple breathing technique to re-set and re-charge before the next one.
Here are 5 Simple Ways to Decrease Meeting Stress and Boost Productivity:
· Change your meetings to 45 minutes vs. one hour
· Set an agenda in advance and make it clear the desired outcome
· Ask attendees to be prepared
· In the last 5 minutes, decide the next steps, deadlines and who is responsible
· Leverage the remaining 15 minutes before the next engagement to:
o Stretch, move around or try Right Side Breathing to energize
o Take a bio break – drink ½ your body weight of water in ounces daily
o Send out notes and start or complete your follow-ups